Fast Homemade Ice Cream (with no ice cream maker!)
You can make Homemade Ice Cream in just 5 minutes with no ice cream maker at all! This is a great summer activity for kids and a super yummy easy treat the whole family will love.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 gallon sized resealable plastic bags
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup salt
- Pour cream, half and half, sugar, and vanilla extract into a gallon sized resealable plastic bag. Seal well. Squish it around to combine until sugar is dissolved.
- Place ice cubes and salt into another gallon sized resealable plastic bag.
- Place the bag with the ice cream mixture into the bag with the ice. Seal the larger bag.
- Shake until mixture freezes, about 5 to 7 minutes.