GRANDMA'S THANKSGIVING TURKEY STUFFING
Grandma's Thanksgiving Turkey Stuffing. This is a long-time family recipe for simple and savory turkey stuffing. Bake it in the oven or in the turkey!
Course: Side Dish
Keyword: bread stuffing, thanksgiving dinner, thanksgiving side dish, thanksgiving stuffing, turkey dressing, turkey stuffing
Calories: 380 kcal
Author: Lizzy T
- 13 cups dry bread cubes*
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
- In a frying pan, saute the onion and celery in the butter for 10-12 minutes, or until the onion and celery are tender.
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. Pour the butter, onion and celery mixture over the breadcrumbs and mix. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Put the stuffing in the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
*I like to make my own dry bread cubes. Two days before preparing the stuffing, I cut bread into 1" cubes, then allow them to dry in a big bowl for about 48 hours. Stir the bread cubes once or twice a day so they dry out evenly. They shouldn't be "crispy", but slightly dry.
Grandma's Thanksgiving Turkey Stuffing
Amount Per Serving
Calories 380Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30g46%
Saturated Fat 18g90%
Total Carbohydrates 21g7%
Dietary Fiber 2g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.